Highgate continuously strives to make an impact on the hospitality industry as well as the greater global community.
Table of Contents
Highgate Charitable Foundation
Highgate established the Highgate Charitable Foundation (HCF), a 501c3 public charity, to continue to be a positive force in the lives of people near and far. HCF’s mission is to support philanthropic organizations and communities worldwide that address issues related to poverty, education and health care. HCF fundraises on behalf of a diverse array of public charities dedicated to the betterment of our global community, namely Save The Children and the Aga Khan Foundation.
- $7.5M Highgate has raised over $7.5M for the Highgate Charitable Foundation; $2M/year and growing.
- $500K Invested in Highgate’s Associate Relief Fund during COVID-19.
Environmental Social Governance
VIEW 2022 ESG REPORT
Highgate is an ESG leader within the hospitality industry with strong convictions around being a force for good in this world. Our drive to achieve and maintain strong ESG performance delivers efficiencies, cost savings and other operational improvements for our hotels while meeting guest expectations.
Reducing our environmental footprint is at the forefront of our mission, leading to the development of comprehensive programs surrounding building operations optimization, sustainable supply chain management, reforestation, renewable energy utilization, single-use plastics elimination and green design & construction.
Highgate works to ensure that people are treated with respect throughout our entire value chain. From training our Associates around human trafficking awareness to eliminating modern slavery throughout our global supply chains, Highgate is determined to uphold human rights and dignity for all. Diversity and inclusion are at the core of Highgate’s corporate culture, we strive for Associates to feel a strong sense of belonging in our organization.
- Over 200 Hotels Powered by 100% Renewable Electricity in 2022
- 80+ Hotels with Eco-Certifications
- 15k+ MWH Annual Expected Energy Savings from Conservation Projects
- 14,000+ Trees Planted Through Reforestation Efforts
- 32 Acres of Habitat Restored
- 110+ Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Stations
- 161,079 Bars of Soap Donated through Clean the World
- 21,000+ Meals Donated Through Food Donation Program
- 18,000+ Associate Volunteer Service Hours at Community and Nonprofit Organizations
- Operator of First Hotel in Hawaii to Commit to PAS 2060 Carbon Neutral Certification